Now, a mango named after Sachin!
New Delhi: After pavilion and stadium in Gwalior, a variety of mango has been named after the batting maestro Sachin Tendulkar!
To celebrate the "goodness and sheer brilliance" of Sachin Tendulkar, Padma Shri Haji Kalimullah, Malihabad`s Mango King, has named a variety of mango after the iconic cricketer.
“Sachin” is a unique cross between the Chausa and Amin Gudad Shah (a variety Kalimullah developed himself).
Talking about the mango “Sachin”, Kalimullah says, "It`s a very beautiful fruit. It is straight, much like the Dussehri, but points gently to the left at the bottom. Truly a fruit that is different from the rest."
He has also named a variety of guava after the beautiful actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan. "I have also named a variety of guava after her. The fruit has a distinctly red hue that makes it unmatched in beauty," he said.
He also said that once the fruits are ripe, he would travel to Mumbai to present the fruits to both the legends. "I will make sure that the fruits reach them both. If I cannot go myself, then I will make sure my son delivers them to Sachin and Aishwarya," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip