Now, a mango named after Sachin!
New Delhi: After pavilion and stadium in Gwalior, a variety of mango has been named after the batting maestro Sachin Tendulkar!
To celebrate the "goodness and sheer brilliance" of Sachin Tendulkar, Padma Shri Haji Kalimullah, Malihabad`s Mango King, has named a variety of mango after the iconic cricketer.
“Sachin” is a unique cross between the Chausa and Amin Gudad Shah (a variety Kalimullah developed himself).
Talking about the mango “Sachin”, Kalimullah says, "It`s a very beautiful fruit. It is straight, much like the Dussehri, but points gently to the left at the bottom. Truly a fruit that is different from the rest."
He has also named a variety of guava after the beautiful actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan. "I have also named a variety of guava after her. The fruit has a distinctly red hue that makes it unmatched in beauty," he said.
He also said that once the fruits are ripe, he would travel to Mumbai to present the fruits to both the legends. "I will make sure that the fruits reach them both. If I cannot go myself, then I will make sure my son delivers them to Sachin and Aishwarya," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter