Now, smart fridge that tells you what to buy
Sydney: LG has unveiled a voice-controlled fridge that helps you diet and keeps track of your groceries, as well as ovens and washing machines that can be controlled via smartphone.
LG’s Smart Refrigerator, released at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, comes with a “food management system” that allows users to check what’s in their fridge from their smartphone, with granular details right down to the expiration date, the Syney Morning Herald reported.
There are multiple ways to tell the fridge what items are inside. One way is to select from a range of preset items using the fridge’s touchscreen but there is also voice recognition and the ability to scan grocery receipts or barcodes using your smartphone.
The Smart Refrigerator also includes a “health manager”, which will tell you recipes for things you can make based on what is in your fridge and the personal profiles of family members.
It takes into account age, gender, weight and body mass index to develop daily or weekly meal plans based on personal profiles, says LG.
Users can also order food directly from the touch screen on the fridge, but for such a feature to work LG would need to form partnerships with the big grocery chains.
LG’s smart fridge also interacts with LG’s “Smart Oven” and if you use the fridge to select a recipe of something to cook, it can automatically send the relevant information and settings to the oven.
On the other hand the company’s Smart Washing Machine can download new washing cycle programs from the internet such as “super rinse” and “baby sanitise”.
The best part is that LG’s smart oven, fridge and washing machine can be monitored – and controlled - remotely from a smartphone or TV set, regardless of the user’s geographical location.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog