Out-of-work lyricist snatches chains: Hindustan Times
Mumbai: He was a budding lyricist and a sketch artist. But work was eluding him. Desperate for money for his mother’s medical expenses, he resorts to petty crime. And the worst irony of all, he gets arrested on Independence Day.
This is not the script of a Bollywood masala flick. It is how Atul Rajiv Adagle’s life turned out. Twenty-eight-year-old Adagle who claims to have penned many songs that well known singers have reportedly shown interest in singing was arrested by the Kandivli police for chain-snatching on August 15.
The police let out details of Adagle’s arrest on Monday, after they had waited for an accomplice of his to get caught.
According to the police, on the evening of August 13, a mobile patrol unit of the police station heard a woman’s cries for help near Sai Nagar. They found two motorcycle-borne youths had tried to snatch her chain.
“We chased them and managed to nab them,” said Senior Inspector Surendra Jaiswal of Kandivli police station. “On frisking them, we found a gold chain in one of their pockets.”
Their arrest and subsequent interrogation revealed that the accused — Rakesh Jadhav (25) and Harshad Naik (21) — were involved in at least six cases of chain-snatching. The duo revealed Adagle’s name as a member of their gang. The police arrested Adagle based on this statement. The fourth member of the gang is still untraceable.
Adagle confessed that his mother had been operated for a spinal cord ailment about 18 months ago.
However, ever-increasing medical expenses had made his life miserable. “I could not manage the medical expenses with my meagre income as my career was not taking off,” Adagle told the police.
Adagle said that he and his mother stayed at his uncle’s home in Gorai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan