Oz golfer arrested in Japan for possessing cocaine
Tokyo: Australian golfer Wayne Perske was arrested early Saturday in Japan on suspicion of cocaine possession, police said.
The 36-year-old professional, in Japan for the Bridgestone Open, is suspected of possessing 1.25 grams (0.044 ounces) of cocaine at a bar in Chiba, southeast of Tokyo, said a spokesman for Chiba Central Police Department.
A customer at the bar late Friday reported to the police that a foreigner had a suspicious substance, leading officers to search and arrest him, a police officer was quoted by Kyodo News as saying.
Perske reportedly admitted to having the drug, telling investigators that he had intended to take it himself.
Perske, who won a Japanese tour event in 2006, lost in the preliminary round of the Bridgestone Open, which began on Thursday, in Chiba.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?