Paes-Bhupathi crash out of Rogers Cup
Montreal: India`s Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi made a shock second round exit losing 1-6, 6-7 (9) to Czech Tomas Berdych and German Florian Mayer in the Rogers Cup tennis men`s doubles.
The third-seeded Indians were given a bye in the first round.
Bhupathi has won the Rogers Cup doubles title five times, including with Paes in 1997 and 2004. This was the first time the experienced Indian pair joined forces here since their 2004 triumph.
It is the first time Berdych and Mayer won back-to-back matches as a team. They had beaten Spaniards Rafael Nadal and Marc Lopez in the first round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed