Paes-Bhupathi crash out of Rogers Cup
Montreal: India`s Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi made a shock second round exit losing 1-6, 6-7 (9) to Czech Tomas Berdych and German Florian Mayer in the Rogers Cup tennis men`s doubles.
The third-seeded Indians were given a bye in the first round.
Bhupathi has won the Rogers Cup doubles title five times, including with Paes in 1997 and 2004. This was the first time the experienced Indian pair joined forces here since their 2004 triumph.
It is the first time Berdych and Mayer won back-to-back matches as a team. They had beaten Spaniards Rafael Nadal and Marc Lopez in the first round.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!