Paraguay thrashes Hong Kong 7-0 in friendly
HONG KONG: Roque Santa Cruz took advantage of some rare playing time to score two goals in Paraguay`s 7-0 thrashing of Hong Kong on Wednesday. Santa Cruz has made only two appearances for his club Manchester City this season, but he made the Paraguay starting lineup and scored either side of Edgar Barreto`s goal to help his side take a 3-0 lead at the break.
A double from Jose Ortigoza and goals by Marcos Riveros and Cristian Riveros in the second half helped the World Cup quarterfinalists ease to victory. Hong Kong threatened only once when Lee Hong Lim`s 25 yard (meter) strike was parried away by Paraguayan goalkeeper Justo Villar in the 17th minute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam