Paraguay thrashes Hong Kong 7-0 in friendly
HONG KONG: Roque Santa Cruz took advantage of some rare playing time to score two goals in Paraguay`s 7-0 thrashing of Hong Kong on Wednesday. Santa Cruz has made only two appearances for his club Manchester City this season, but he made the Paraguay starting lineup and scored either side of Edgar Barreto`s goal to help his side take a 3-0 lead at the break.
A double from Jose Ortigoza and goals by Marcos Riveros and Cristian Riveros in the second half helped the World Cup quarterfinalists ease to victory. Hong Kong threatened only once when Lee Hong Lim`s 25 yard (meter) strike was parried away by Paraguayan goalkeeper Justo Villar in the 17th minute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Curfew, restrictions continue in Kashmir
- Rio Olympics 2016: Amid Zika fears, Eugenie Bouchard confirms she'll play in coveted event
- Gionee M6, M6 Plus smartphones with marathon battery launching today
- Michelle Obama endorses Hillary Clinton at Democratic Convention
- Muslim writer, accused of insulting God, attacked in Kerala