PC market recovery led by emerging mkts like India: Lenovo
New Delhi: The global PC market is on the recovery path led by emerging markets, including India and China, a top official of PC maker Lenevo said.
"We are seeing recovery in all markets, led by the emerging countries. Countries like India, China, Malaysia and Turkey are leading the way," Lenovo Senior vice-president (Emerging Markets) Chen Shao Peng told reporters here.
The PC market had seen a drop following the reduced corporate spending on new PCs amid the global economic downturn.
Launching the company`s first flagship store here, Lenovo India Managing Director Amar Babu said, "We already have 150 exclusive stores with various partners in the country. We are looking at engaging with our customers and the small and medium businesses as they are an important focus group."
Asked about the company`s retail strategy, Babu declined to provide details saying, "We do not have specific numbers in mind in terms of stores but we would definitely increase the number to reach more consumers."
With companies globally looking at an `upturn` in PC
sales this year and ahead, IDC has also raised its prediction
to two per cent decline in PC shipments for 2009, from its
earlier projection of a six per cent drop.
The Chinese company, which acquired IBM`s PC division in
2005, is also upbeat about the Indian market.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- December 16 gang-rape convict attempts suicide – Read Nirbhaya parents' response
- 1st ODI: Azhar Ali's 82 goes in vain as Jason Roy guides England to 44-run win over Pakistan
- Janmashtami: Watch Dahi-Handi celebrations from Mumbai
- Vietnam scientists spot rare endangered primates
- David Warner named Australia captain as Steve Smith heads home to rest ahead of hectic home schedule