PC market recovery led by emerging mkts like India: Lenovo
New Delhi: The global PC market is on the recovery path led by emerging markets, including India and China, a top official of PC maker Lenevo said.
"We are seeing recovery in all markets, led by the emerging countries. Countries like India, China, Malaysia and Turkey are leading the way," Lenovo Senior vice-president (Emerging Markets) Chen Shao Peng told reporters here.
The PC market had seen a drop following the reduced corporate spending on new PCs amid the global economic downturn.
Launching the company`s first flagship store here, Lenovo India Managing Director Amar Babu said, "We already have 150 exclusive stores with various partners in the country. We are looking at engaging with our customers and the small and medium businesses as they are an important focus group."
Asked about the company`s retail strategy, Babu declined to provide details saying, "We do not have specific numbers in mind in terms of stores but we would definitely increase the number to reach more consumers."
With companies globally looking at an `upturn` in PC
sales this year and ahead, IDC has also raised its prediction
to two per cent decline in PC shipments for 2009, from its
earlier projection of a six per cent drop.
The Chinese company, which acquired IBM`s PC division in
2005, is also upbeat about the Indian market.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India