Pechstein appeals against doping ban
Lausanne: Olympic speed skating champion Claudia Pechstein has appealed against a two-year ban after testing positive for blood doping, the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) said.
The German was banned earlier this month after being found guilty by the International Skating Union (ISU) during a two-day hearing in Berne.
CAS said in a statement that Pechstein and the German Speed Skating Association had lodged appeals against both the ban and a ruling which annulled her results at February`s world championships in Hamar, Norway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video