PGTI Golf Matchplay Championship from Tuesday
New Delhi: As many as 64 golfers including defending champion Shamim Khan will participate in the fifth PGTI All India Professional Golf Matchplay Championship, starting from Tuesday.
The five-day event will have a knockout format, wherein matches up to the semifinal stage will be played over 18 holes. The final encounter will be decided over 36 holes.
Tuesday’s first round will feature 32 matches.
Besides Shamim, the tournament will have other leading professionals such as Ashok Kumar, Mukesh Kumar, Chiragh Kumar, Himmat Singh Rai, Sujjan Singh and Manav Jaini participating in the championship at Delhi Golf Club.
"Our objective is to promote golf and provide a premier platform for professional golfers to not only compete and excel but also to inspire the youth of our country to take up the sport in a big way. I am sure the tournament with an exciting matchplay format will showcase some new upcoming golfers in the Indian circuit," Kartik Bharat Ram, Deputy MD, SRF Ltd, said through a press release.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'