PGTI Golf Matchplay Championship from Tuesday
New Delhi: As many as 64 golfers including defending champion Shamim Khan will participate in the fifth PGTI All India Professional Golf Matchplay Championship, starting from Tuesday.
The five-day event will have a knockout format, wherein matches up to the semifinal stage will be played over 18 holes. The final encounter will be decided over 36 holes.
Tuesday’s first round will feature 32 matches.
Besides Shamim, the tournament will have other leading professionals such as Ashok Kumar, Mukesh Kumar, Chiragh Kumar, Himmat Singh Rai, Sujjan Singh and Manav Jaini participating in the championship at Delhi Golf Club.
"Our objective is to promote golf and provide a premier platform for professional golfers to not only compete and excel but also to inspire the youth of our country to take up the sport in a big way. I am sure the tournament with an exciting matchplay format will showcase some new upcoming golfers in the Indian circuit," Kartik Bharat Ram, Deputy MD, SRF Ltd, said through a press release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic