PGTI Golf Matchplay Championship from Tuesday
New Delhi: As many as 64 golfers including defending champion Shamim Khan will participate in the fifth PGTI All India Professional Golf Matchplay Championship, starting from Tuesday.
The five-day event will have a knockout format, wherein matches up to the semifinal stage will be played over 18 holes. The final encounter will be decided over 36 holes.
Tuesday’s first round will feature 32 matches.
Besides Shamim, the tournament will have other leading professionals such as Ashok Kumar, Mukesh Kumar, Chiragh Kumar, Himmat Singh Rai, Sujjan Singh and Manav Jaini participating in the championship at Delhi Golf Club.
"Our objective is to promote golf and provide a premier platform for professional golfers to not only compete and excel but also to inspire the youth of our country to take up the sport in a big way. I am sure the tournament with an exciting matchplay format will showcase some new upcoming golfers in the Indian circuit," Kartik Bharat Ram, Deputy MD, SRF Ltd, said through a press release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- SHOCKING! Hyderabad woman arrested for carrying 2 Kg gold in her underwear at Delhi airport
- Thailand military court opens trial in Bangkok shrine blast
- How to overcome your jetlag?
- Sugar prices soar to Rs 42/kg; FM holds inter-ministerial meeting on banning futures trading
- TCL 562 Review: Well-performing smartphone that's worth its price