Plea for state level Council for Nurses
Puducherry: Society of Midwives India (SOMI)
(Puducherry chapter) today urged the government to take steps
to constitute a Nursing Council at state-level for expeditious
registration of nurses passing out of nearly 12 colleges in
Puducherry and other outlying regions of the Union Territory.
Pramila Tamizhvanan, secretary of SOMI,told reporters here
that the recent eighth national conference of SOMI,attended by
a large number of nurses, lecturers and specialists from all
over the country had adopted a resolution in this regard.
Presently not less than 1000 nurses pass out of institutions
including privately managed colleges here annually and had to
approach the Council in Tamil Nadu for registration. A council
within Puducherry would be of help practically.
She also said the conference also pleaded for filling up
vacant posts of nurses in the government hospitals.
There should also be updating and revision of the syllabus
followed in the nursing institutions so that candidates`
skills would be augmented to rise to current challenges in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up