Plea for state level Council for Nurses
Puducherry: Society of Midwives India (SOMI)
(Puducherry chapter) today urged the government to take steps
to constitute a Nursing Council at state-level for expeditious
registration of nurses passing out of nearly 12 colleges in
Puducherry and other outlying regions of the Union Territory.
Pramila Tamizhvanan, secretary of SOMI,told reporters here
that the recent eighth national conference of SOMI,attended by
a large number of nurses, lecturers and specialists from all
over the country had adopted a resolution in this regard.
Presently not less than 1000 nurses pass out of institutions
including privately managed colleges here annually and had to
approach the Council in Tamil Nadu for registration. A council
within Puducherry would be of help practically.
She also said the conference also pleaded for filling up
vacant posts of nurses in the government hospitals.
There should also be updating and revision of the syllabus
followed in the nursing institutions so that candidates`
skills would be augmented to rise to current challenges in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly