`PM should raise issue of Anderson`s extradition with Obama`
Bhopal: Two NGOs working for the Bhopal Gas
Tragedy victims have appealed to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
to raise the issue of extradition of former Union Carbide Corp
(UCC) Chairman Warren Anderson, prime accused in the case,
with US President Barack Obama during their meeting.
In a letter written yesterday, the Bhopal Gas Peedith
Mahila Udyog Sanghathan (BGPMUS) and the Bhopal Gas Peedith
Sangharsh Sahayog Samiti (BGPSSS) have also requested Singh to
take up the subject of another absconding accused in the case
They have alleged that the Indian government has failed
to bring the absconding accused to face trial in the 1984 gas
disaster that killed over 3000 persons and maimed thousands of
"We have requested the Prime Minister to take up the
matter of Anderson`s extradition with Obama presently," BGPMUS
Convenor Abdul Jabbar Khan and BGPSSS, Co-Convener, N D
Singh should impress Obama about the urgency of
expediting the process of extradition of the absconding
accused from the United States to India to stand trial as per
the laws of this land, the two said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read