PM, Sonia pay tributes to Tagore
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi joined other dignitaries in paying tributes to Nobel Laureate Rabindranath Tagore on his birth anniversary here today.
They offered flowers before the portrait of Tagore in the Central Hall of Parliament House.
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar, Leader of Lok Sabha Pranab Mukherjee, BJP leader L K Advani, several Union Ministers and MPs also paid floral tributes before the portrait which was unveiled by the then President Rajendra Prasad in the Central Hall of Parliament House in 1958.
Inaugurating the year-long celebrations to mark the 150th birth anniversary of Tagore on Saturday last, the Prime Minister had announced that the government would institute a prestigious international award named after Tagore to recognize his contributions for promotion of international
brotherhood and fraternity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday