Police asked to file FIR against MLA in blood donation case
Jaipur: A Rajasthan court has asked the
state police to file a case against Congress MLA Bhagwan Sahay
Saini for allegedly forcing minors to participate in a blood
donation camp organised on August 21, 65th birth anniversary
of late Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi at Chomu,in Jaipur.
On a complaint by Srikishan Kukkad, Additional Chief
Judicial Magistrate Dhirendra Singh Rajawat, on Tuesday ordered
police to register an FIR against Saini, who organised
the camp and allegedly forced minor boys of a government
schools to participate in it.
In his complaint, Kukkad alleged that Saini lured
students to participate in the camp which was also attended by
Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot.
When contacted, Narendra Singh, SHO, Chomu police station,
said that so far, he had not received any court order.
Since the matter involves an elected representative
(MLA), it would be finally dealt by the state Crime Branch
(CID-CB), he said from Jaipur.
It is said that most of the students who donated blood in
the camp were below 18-years of age. One of the minor donors,
Anil Sharma fell ill after donating blood and was admitted to
Sawai Man Singh Hospital here.
Meanwhile, a District Collector level probe is already
on in to the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video
- Amazon working on music subscription service for $5 a month
- Outstanding! Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is unstoppable at the Box Office – Read more