Pondy announces relief of Rs 20,000 per hectare for drought hit-ryots
Puducherry: Puducherry government on Sunday announced Rs 20,000 as relief to drought-hit farmers for a hectare of paddy field lost in Karaikal.
Chief Minister N Rangasamy told the territorial assembly that with non-availability of water in cauvery system, crops on 4,749 hectares had been hit in Karaikal.
The government made a survey of the situation and it had been decided to provide a relief of Rs 20,000 per hectare of paddy field in Karaikal, he said.
Rangasamy made the announcement in the Assembly in response to pleas made by ruling AINRC legislator P R Siva, the independent member V M C Sivakumar (both hailing from Karaikal) and by opposition AIADMK legislator A Anbalagan.
Earlier the House witnessed noisy scenes with Anbalagan making out a strong case for relief to drought hit farmers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- WHO, Health Ministry to hold awareness event on World Hepatitis Day
- Can antibiotics slow Alzheimer's progression?
- Exercise as effective as surgery for knee injury
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today