Pondy announces relief of Rs 20,000 per hectare for drought hit-ryots
Puducherry: Puducherry government on Sunday announced Rs 20,000 as relief to drought-hit farmers for a hectare of paddy field lost in Karaikal.
Chief Minister N Rangasamy told the territorial assembly that with non-availability of water in cauvery system, crops on 4,749 hectares had been hit in Karaikal.
The government made a survey of the situation and it had been decided to provide a relief of Rs 20,000 per hectare of paddy field in Karaikal, he said.
Rangasamy made the announcement in the Assembly in response to pleas made by ruling AINRC legislator P R Siva, the independent member V M C Sivakumar (both hailing from Karaikal) and by opposition AIADMK legislator A Anbalagan.
Earlier the House witnessed noisy scenes with Anbalagan making out a strong case for relief to drought hit farmers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next