Post washout, can India reach CT semis?
Centurion: The Centurion wash-out between India and Australia has placed both the teams on the same ground from where any of the teams can grab the semi-final slot as the second team from group A after Pakistan have already qualified for the semi-finals as the first team.
If India wish to qualify for the semis, they need to beat West Indies by a huge margin. But that won’t be enough as, then, Pakistan must beat Australia in their last encounter.
If India beat West Indies and Pakistan thump Australia, then both India and Australia will be equal in terms of points (3 points each).
Since India have already lost to Pakistan, their net run rate is -1.08 whereas Australia’s net run rate is +1.00. But that will change if Australia lose to Pakistan on Wednesday.
India, then, can take to the field on Thursday knowing fully well the margins of victory they need to achieve against the West Indies.
Since West Indies came with a depleted side that a big win won’t be difficult task for Team India.
So, India’s chance of qualifying for the semis of Champions Trophy rests on the Wednesday’s match between Pakistan and Australia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`