Post washout, can India reach CT semis?
Centurion: The Centurion wash-out between India and Australia has placed both the teams on the same ground from where any of the teams can grab the semi-final slot as the second team from group A after Pakistan have already qualified for the semi-finals as the first team.
If India wish to qualify for the semis, they need to beat West Indies by a huge margin. But that won’t be enough as, then, Pakistan must beat Australia in their last encounter.
If India beat West Indies and Pakistan thump Australia, then both India and Australia will be equal in terms of points (3 points each).
Since India have already lost to Pakistan, their net run rate is -1.08 whereas Australia’s net run rate is +1.00. But that will change if Australia lose to Pakistan on Wednesday.
India, then, can take to the field on Thursday knowing fully well the margins of victory they need to achieve against the West Indies.
Since West Indies came with a depleted side that a big win won’t be difficult task for Team India.
So, India’s chance of qualifying for the semis of Champions Trophy rests on the Wednesday’s match between Pakistan and Australia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Congress sounds UP poll bugle; Sonia, Rahul flag off three-day bus Yatra '27 Saal UP Behaal'
- Sunny Leone in trouble after singing national anthem at Pro Kabaddi League match - Here's why
- Another ISIS suspect arrested from Maharashtra's Thane district
- Oops! Shah Rukh Khan, Rohit Shetty friends no more?
- NASA's NEEMO 21 research mission begins, aquanauts splash down!