Post washout, can India reach CT semis?
Centurion: The Centurion wash-out between India and Australia has placed both the teams on the same ground from where any of the teams can grab the semi-final slot as the second team from group A after Pakistan have already qualified for the semi-finals as the first team.
If India wish to qualify for the semis, they need to beat West Indies by a huge margin. But that won’t be enough as, then, Pakistan must beat Australia in their last encounter.
If India beat West Indies and Pakistan thump Australia, then both India and Australia will be equal in terms of points (3 points each).
Since India have already lost to Pakistan, their net run rate is -1.08 whereas Australia’s net run rate is +1.00. But that will change if Australia lose to Pakistan on Wednesday.
India, then, can take to the field on Thursday knowing fully well the margins of victory they need to achieve against the West Indies.
Since West Indies came with a depleted side that a big win won’t be difficult task for Team India.
So, India’s chance of qualifying for the semis of Champions Trophy rests on the Wednesday’s match between Pakistan and Australia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!