Prime accused in Parag Das case acquitted
Guwahati: Mridul Phukan, the prime accused
in the murder of eminent journalist Parag Das, was on Tuesday
acquitted by a local court for lack of evidence.
District and Sessions Judge, Kamrup, Justice Dilip Kumar
Mahanta today delivered the verdict in a jam-packed court
amidst tight security.
The one-line verdict said Phukan, one of the three living
accused in the murder case, was acquitted due to lack of
Following the verdict, the Manav Adhikar Sangram Samiti
(MASS), a rights body founded by Das, called for a bandh to
protest against it on July 30.
"The killers have been set free which is a sheer mockery
of the legal system. The MASS has given a call for a bandh to
protest against the judgement," Lachit Bordoloi MASS activist
Alcott is also planning to introduce kidswear range in
the country by September.
"Our casual men`s and women`s wear segments have done
good in the market and so we are now expanding into the kids
category also," he added.
Alcott brings out a collection of 330 styles of its
ladies collection in every season and around 290 styles in the
men`s wear segment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH