Puri qualifies for US Kids Golf World Championship
Gurgaon: Local lad Arjun Puri shot a
splendid 73 to top his group and qualify for the prestigious
US Kids Golf World Championship.
Puri, who finished second the IGU order of merit in 2009,
will compete in the 11-year category and is among eleven
junior golfers, who have made it to the world championship.
About 1000 golfers form across the globe will compete in
the championship, to be held at Pinehurst, North Carolina from
The qualifying was conducted at the Par 72 Golden Greens
Golf and Country Club here Gurgaon.
Rishabh Goyal, Harshjeet Sethi, Shaurya Mehta, Arjun
Gulati, Ratan Bajwa, Ayushya Uppal, Abhishek Kuhar, Dhairya
Kumar, Arshia Mahant and Astha Madan are the junior Indian
players to qualify in different age categories.
Sundeep Verma of Chimmys golf, who conducted the
qualifiers, said the tournament will give these junior golfers
the platform to showcase their skills and exposure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued