Rain postpones Nehru Cup tie in New Delhi
New Delhi: The third round-robin match of
the Nehru Cup international football tournament between
Lebanon and Sri Lanka was today postponed for tomorrow after
heavy rains that lashed the city made Ambedkar Stadium pitch
The match between India and Kyrgyzstan earlier scheduled
for tomorrow will be played on Sunday.
All the fixtures drawn earlier will be revised and pushed
further by a day which means the final round-robin match will
be played on August 29 instead of August 28.
However, there will be no change on the date of final
match which will be on August 31.
The decision to postpone today`s match and push all the
earlier fixtures by one day was taken at a meeting attended by
AIFF General Secretary Alberto Colaco, Delhi Soccer
Association Secretary NK Bhatia, title sponsor ONGC`s Sports
Secretary NK Jeet and tournament commissioner.
The consent of the tournament broadcasters, Zee Sports,
was also taken.
The Revised Schedule:
Aug 22: Sri Lanka v Lebanon; Aug 23: India v Kyrgyzstan;
Aug 24: Syria v Sri Lanka; Aug 25: Kyrgyzstan v Lebanon;
Aug 26: India v Sri Lanka; Aug 27: Syria v Lebanon;
Aug 28: Sri Lanka v Kyrgyzstan; Aug 29: India v Syria;
Aug 31: Final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown