Revenue division plan brings to fore Chavan- Deshmukh divide
Mumbai, Jan 06: Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok
Chavan`s initiative for setting up a new Revenue Division at his home town Nanded, has brought to fore differences between him and his predecessor Vilasrao Deshmukh.
A day after the State Cabinet approved the proposal for
Nanded Revenue Division, there were violent incidents in
Deshmukh`s hometown Latur and neighbouring Parbhani, with
agitators damaging buses and trucks.
Deshmukh`s detractors are seeing political motives behind
the protests in Latur. MPCC General Secretary Sanjay Lakhe
Patil has dashed off a letter to party president Sonia Gandhi,
drawing her attention to `attempts being made to politicise
what is basically an administrative decision`.
"I have also sent a similar letter to AICC in-charge of
Maharashtra affairs A K Antony," Lakhe told reporters here.
In the letter, Lakhe referred to Latur Municipal Council
chief Venkat Bendre, a staunch supporter of Deshmukh, leading
an all-party protest against Nanded division.
Maharashtra Cabinet has approved the division at Nanded,
bifurcating the Aurangabad division which comprises eight
districts - Aurangabad, Jalna, Parbhani, Hingoli, Nanded,
Latur, Osmanabad and Beed.
Deshmukh was in favour of the division being set up at
Latur but Chavan has beaten him to it.
Chavan`s `cordial` ties with key Deshmukh detractor
Narayan Rane have also ruffled Deshmukh, who played a key role
in making him the Chief Minister while keeping Rane away from
Meanwhile, Diliprao Deshmukh, Vilasrao Deshmukh`s
brother, has suggested a new revenue division office be set up
for Latur, Osmanabad and the soon-to-be formed Ambajogai
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BCCI announces Team India squad for Bangladesh tour
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'