Roja meets YSR, fuels speculation over her defection
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party`s women`s
wing president and popular south Indian actress Roja on Sunday met
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Y S Rajasekhara Reddy here,
fuelling speculation that she may join the ruling Congress.
She, however, told reporters after the meeting that she
came to appreciate the chief minister for getting a Rs 6,000
crore NTPC-BHEL power equipment manufacturing unit in her
native Chittoor district.
Reddy himself had indicated earlier this month that Roja
is likely to join the Congress.
When pointed out that her meeting with the chief minister
will strengthen speculation about her political moves, she
said, "speculation is always there".
Replying to a query, she said it is not correct to say
that she has not been coming to TDP headquarters of late.
Roja`s resignation from TDP, if it happens as
anticipated, will be a setback to the main opposition as the
actress is regarded as an articulate women leader.
She unsuccessfully contested the recent Assembly polls
from Chandragiri in her Chittoor district.
Roja, married to Tamil film-maker R K Selvamani, acted in
over 100 films in her mother tongue Telugu and also Tamil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack