Rupinder lone Indian in Sultan Azlan Shah`s XI
Ipoh: Deep defender and penalty corner specialist Rupinder Pal Singh is the only Indian player named in the Sultan Azlan Shah`s XI on the basis of his performance in the seven-nation tournament that concluded on Sunday.
The selection of the Azlan Shah Cup`s best line-up was done on the basis of nominations from the seven coaches of teams competing here beside three independent coaches.
A total of 36 players were shortlisted before the final XI was picked.
Goalkeeper: Kumar Subramaniam (Malaysia)
Defenders: Rupinder Pal Singh (India), Dean Couzins (New Zealand), Glen Kirkman (Britain) and Fergus Kavanagh (Australia)
Midfielders: Shakeel Abassi (Pakistan), Steven Edwards (New Zealand) and Simon Orchard (Australia)
Forwards: You Hyo-Sik (South Korea), Glenn Turner (Australia) and Tengku Ahmad Tajuddin (Malaysia).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them