Rupinder lone Indian in Sultan Azlan Shah`s XI
Ipoh: Deep defender and penalty corner specialist Rupinder Pal Singh is the only Indian player named in the Sultan Azlan Shah`s XI on the basis of his performance in the seven-nation tournament that concluded on Sunday.
The selection of the Azlan Shah Cup`s best line-up was done on the basis of nominations from the seven coaches of teams competing here beside three independent coaches.
A total of 36 players were shortlisted before the final XI was picked.
Goalkeeper: Kumar Subramaniam (Malaysia)
Defenders: Rupinder Pal Singh (India), Dean Couzins (New Zealand), Glen Kirkman (Britain) and Fergus Kavanagh (Australia)
Midfielders: Shakeel Abassi (Pakistan), Steven Edwards (New Zealand) and Simon Orchard (Australia)
Forwards: You Hyo-Sik (South Korea), Glenn Turner (Australia) and Tengku Ahmad Tajuddin (Malaysia).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir