Rupinder lone Indian in Sultan Azlan Shah`s XI
Ipoh: Deep defender and penalty corner specialist Rupinder Pal Singh is the only Indian player named in the Sultan Azlan Shah`s XI on the basis of his performance in the seven-nation tournament that concluded on Sunday.
The selection of the Azlan Shah Cup`s best line-up was done on the basis of nominations from the seven coaches of teams competing here beside three independent coaches.
A total of 36 players were shortlisted before the final XI was picked.
Goalkeeper: Kumar Subramaniam (Malaysia)
Defenders: Rupinder Pal Singh (India), Dean Couzins (New Zealand), Glen Kirkman (Britain) and Fergus Kavanagh (Australia)
Midfielders: Shakeel Abassi (Pakistan), Steven Edwards (New Zealand) and Simon Orchard (Australia)
Forwards: You Hyo-Sik (South Korea), Glenn Turner (Australia) and Tengku Ahmad Tajuddin (Malaysia).
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: From US-made bomb making tools to Quran; here's all unearthed from ISIS secret tunnels