Sailor Rajesh Choudhary bags gold in Turkey
Turkey: India continued with its noteworthy achievements in the realm of water sports as sailing ace Rajesh Choudhary won a gold medal in the Laser Radial event in the international Presidents Cup Istanbul Sailing Championship.
The event has a fleet of a large thirty two boats and another Indian, BK Rout, also came up with a solid performance to clinch the silver medal. Even the women’s event had an Indian name in it as Rohini Rau claimed silver by finishing 11th. Gajender Singh was also a sailor to make the nation proud with his 9th place finish in the Laser Standard event.
The four abovesaid sailors are the Indian faces in the multi-national event that has sailors from a dozen nations participating.
Guided by Col. Mohit Nautiyal and Pete Conway, Rajesh was always on the top of his game, always in the top three leaders of the fleet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II
- Chinese soldiers spotted in Uttarakhand's Chamoli; defence ministry says 'no incursion'
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump could win, warns Barack Obama
- Delhi Transport Minister says 17 auto unions end strike; union leader denies
- World at war over money, not religious faith, says Pope
- World Hepatitis Day, 2016: Ten facts you should know!