Sailor Rajesh Choudhary bags gold in Turkey
Turkey: India continued with its noteworthy achievements in the realm of water sports as sailing ace Rajesh Choudhary won a gold medal in the Laser Radial event in the international Presidents Cup Istanbul Sailing Championship.
The event has a fleet of a large thirty two boats and another Indian, BK Rout, also came up with a solid performance to clinch the silver medal. Even the women’s event had an Indian name in it as Rohini Rau claimed silver by finishing 11th. Gajender Singh was also a sailor to make the nation proud with his 9th place finish in the Laser Standard event.
The four abovesaid sailors are the Indian faces in the multi-national event that has sailors from a dozen nations participating.
Guided by Col. Mohit Nautiyal and Pete Conway, Rajesh was always on the top of his game, always in the top three leaders of the fleet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...