Sailor Rajesh Choudhary bags gold in Turkey
Turkey: India continued with its noteworthy achievements in the realm of water sports as sailing ace Rajesh Choudhary won a gold medal in the Laser Radial event in the international Presidents Cup Istanbul Sailing Championship.
The event has a fleet of a large thirty two boats and another Indian, BK Rout, also came up with a solid performance to clinch the silver medal. Even the women’s event had an Indian name in it as Rohini Rau claimed silver by finishing 11th. Gajender Singh was also a sailor to make the nation proud with his 9th place finish in the Laser Standard event.
The four abovesaid sailors are the Indian faces in the multi-national event that has sailors from a dozen nations participating.
Guided by Col. Mohit Nautiyal and Pete Conway, Rajesh was always on the top of his game, always in the top three leaders of the fleet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends