Sania climbs a spot, Somdev slides
New Delhi: Sania Mirza moved up by a place to 63 while Somdev Devvarman dropped to 64, loss of one position, in the latest singles rankings issued by the WTA and the ATP on Monday.
Sania, who will open her Texas Tennis Open singles campaign against German world number 22 Sabine Lisicki, is static at number 11 in the doubles ranking chart.
Sania and her Russian partner Elena Vesnina have also maintained their third rank in WTA race to year-end championship.
In the ATP doubles rankings, Mahesh Bhupathi (6) and Leander Paes (8) did not see any change in their individual ranking but as a team they moved up to number four from five following their triumph at Cincinnati Open.
Indian Davis Cupper Rohan Bopanna and his Pakistani partner Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi were unchanged at number six in the teams ranking.
Bopanna also kept his individual doubles rank of number nine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'