Sankararaman case: Two more witnesses turn hostile
Puducherry: Two of six witnesses on trial in
the Sankararaman murder case, in which Kanchi Seer Jayendra
Saraswathi and his junior Vijayendra Saraswathi are the main
accused, turned hostile on Wednesday.
With this, four witnesses have so far turned hostile in
Sankararaman, the Manager of Sri Varadarajaperumal temple
in Kancheepuram, was allegedly murdered in the temple premises
on September 3, 2004.
Only 14 of the 24 accused were present in court when the
case came up for hearing today before Principal and District
Sessions Judge D Krishnaraja. The two Seers were among those
absent. They have been charged under sections 120(B)
(conspiracy) and 302 (murder) of IPC.
The two witnesses, employees of a shop near the temple
told Special Public Prosecutor N Devadoss that they had not
seen the accused who had fled the scene after the crime.
Bhaskaran said he was not on duty on Sept 3 afternoon. He
claimed to have signed only blank papers and denied having
told police that he had seen three men rushing out of the
temple with sharp weapons.
Natarajan said he had only heard people speaking of
someone having been murdered in the temple and that he had not
seen any photos on the blank papers he signed.
Following this, the SPP declared both of them hostile.
Devadoss later told reporters that 10 more witnesses would
be examined on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!