Scotland beat Macedonia to cling on to qualification hope
Glasgow: Scotland kept their slim World Cup qualification hopes alive with a 2-0 home win over Macedonia on Saturday that strengthened their grip on second place in Group Nine.
In an entertaining game the Scots went ahead with a glancing header by Scott Brown after 56 minutes and secured the victory with a solo effort by James McFadden 10 minutes from time.
qualified Netherlands, who the Scots host on Wednesday.
The eight best of the nine group runners-up in Europe go into two-legged play-offs for places in South Africa in 2010.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'