Sebastian Vettel fastest at Montreal practice
Montreal: Sebastian Vettel topped the times for Red Bull during Saturday`s final practice for Sunday`s Canadian Grand Prix.
The current championship leader, who emerged unscathed after crashing at the `wall of champions` on Friday, clocked a time of one minute 13.381 seconds at the Montreal track - almost two seconds quicker than the 2010 pole-winning lap.
Fernando Alonso of Ferrari was second fastest, 0.3 seconds behind, followed by Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg and Felipe Massa in the second Ferrari.
McLaren drivers Jenson Button and Lewis Hamilton were fifth and sixth quickest followed by Michael Schumacher in the second Mercedes and Vitaly Petrov of Renault.
Force India drivers Adrian Sutil and Paul Di Resta completed the top 10 although the Scottish rookie lost control of his car and crashed into a barrier in the final seconds of the session.
Australian Mark Webbber did not make an appearance on track and was left fuming as the Red Bull mechanics hurried to fix a technical problem with his car.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!