Sebastian Vettel fastest at Montreal practice
Montreal: Sebastian Vettel topped the times for Red Bull during Saturday`s final practice for Sunday`s Canadian Grand Prix.
The current championship leader, who emerged unscathed after crashing at the `wall of champions` on Friday, clocked a time of one minute 13.381 seconds at the Montreal track - almost two seconds quicker than the 2010 pole-winning lap.
Fernando Alonso of Ferrari was second fastest, 0.3 seconds behind, followed by Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg and Felipe Massa in the second Ferrari.
McLaren drivers Jenson Button and Lewis Hamilton were fifth and sixth quickest followed by Michael Schumacher in the second Mercedes and Vitaly Petrov of Renault.
Force India drivers Adrian Sutil and Paul Di Resta completed the top 10 although the Scottish rookie lost control of his car and crashed into a barrier in the final seconds of the session.
Australian Mark Webbber did not make an appearance on track and was left fuming as the Red Bull mechanics hurried to fix a technical problem with his car.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed