SEBI says reduced IPO listing time within a year
New Delhi: Market regulator SEBI on Monday exuded confidence that decision on reducing listing time for companies to seven days after close of an IPO could be made in a year`s time, even as a number of entities will have to be involved in the process.
The decision to reduce IPO processing time from the present 21 days would be good for the companies as well, SEBI Chairman C B Bhave told news channel.
"There are many people involved in it. The stock exchanges, merchant bankers, bankers to the issues, registrar. All these people should be brought to one table and then how to reduce the timeline, we are thinking on it. And we think that within a year to achieve this target is possible for the markets," Bhave said.
He said the proposed move will also be beneficial for the companies as the mopped up amount cannot be used unless the company is listed.
"It is a good step even from the point of view of companies. I think they would welcome the measure," Bhave said.
He, however, said infrastructure should be upgraded to implement the decision of reducing IPO processing time.
Bhave said settlement process in the secondary market has been reduced over time, and now primary markets should be reformed.
"In the secondary market, there was automation in stock market, then depository system took place. T+5, T+3, T+2..we completed these journeys..In this manner, there is a need to bring reform here (primary markets)," Bhave said.
To a question, Bhave said increasing the maximum limit that a retail investor can apply from the current Rs one lakh may not be that important for increasing his participation.
"If we think that only by increasing the threshold limit of Rs one lakh for retail investors would increase the participation of retail investors, it would be a statistical jugglery," he said.
He said rather retail investors should be given a message
that the stock market is a price risk, but all other risks are
On whether compulsory grading of IPO would continue,
Bhave said there is a discussion in the Primary Market
Advisory Committee on how much investors are benefited from
the rating system.
"If there is need for any changes in it, then we would
consider it," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi