Security provided to Cong MLA following threat cal
Pondicherry: Security was provided to former minister and opposition Congress legislator from Yanam Malladi Krishna Rao following threat calls he received over his mobile, police said here on Thursday.
He had lodged a complaint to the police regarding the threat calls he received few days ago.
Party`s block level committee is observing a bandh today in Yanam demanding action against those behind the threat calls, party source said.
Rao told a news agency that he was receiving threat calls over his mobile from an unidentified person for the last few days. The caller had told him that a bomb would be hurled at him, Rao said.
Later police identified the caller as on Venkateswara Rao, who confessed to police of having made the calls.
Following information provided by him, police arrested two persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan