Sensex gains 75 pts in opening trade
Mumbai: The Bombay Stock Exchange benchmark
Sensex on Monday rose by 75 points in opening trade on fresh
buying by funds and retail investors amid short-covering by
The 30-share index rose by 75.08 points to 17,176.62
The wide-based National Stock Exchange index Nifty also
moved up by 22.40 points to trade higher at 5,131.30 points.
IT, auto and banking stocks were major gainers, which
helping Sensex trade in the positive zone.
Brokers said fresh buying by funds and retail investors,
and covering-up of short positions by speculators influenced
However, weak trends on the other Asian bourses, which
were down up to 0.80 percent, capped the gains to some
extent, they added.
Among technology stocks, Infosys shot up by 1.49 per cent
to Rs 2,418, Wipro by 1 per cent to Rs 643.80 and Tata
Consultancy Services by 0.79 percent to Rs 701.
Other gainers were Reliance Industries by 0.24 percent
to Rs 1,091.70, RCom by 1.09 per cent to Rs 180.90, Maruti
Suzuki by 0.36 percent to Rs 1,601, Tata Motors by 1.70 percent to Rs 721.70, Hero Honda by 0.43 percent to Rs 1,673.70,
ICICI Bank by 0.88 percent to Rs 879 and State Bank of India
by 0.19 percent to Rs 2,332.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families? - Part II
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the mystery of missing IAF aircraft AN-32