Sensex gains 75 pts in opening trade
Mumbai: The Bombay Stock Exchange benchmark
Sensex on Monday rose by 75 points in opening trade on fresh
buying by funds and retail investors amid short-covering by
The 30-share index rose by 75.08 points to 17,176.62
The wide-based National Stock Exchange index Nifty also
moved up by 22.40 points to trade higher at 5,131.30 points.
IT, auto and banking stocks were major gainers, which
helping Sensex trade in the positive zone.
Brokers said fresh buying by funds and retail investors,
and covering-up of short positions by speculators influenced
However, weak trends on the other Asian bourses, which
were down up to 0.80 percent, capped the gains to some
extent, they added.
Among technology stocks, Infosys shot up by 1.49 per cent
to Rs 2,418, Wipro by 1 per cent to Rs 643.80 and Tata
Consultancy Services by 0.79 percent to Rs 701.
Other gainers were Reliance Industries by 0.24 percent
to Rs 1,091.70, RCom by 1.09 per cent to Rs 180.90, Maruti
Suzuki by 0.36 percent to Rs 1,601, Tata Motors by 1.70 percent to Rs 721.70, Hero Honda by 0.43 percent to Rs 1,673.70,
ICICI Bank by 0.88 percent to Rs 879 and State Bank of India
by 0.19 percent to Rs 2,332.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere