Sensex moves up 239 points in early trade
Mumbai: The BSE benchmark index Sensex opened stronger on Monday, moving up 239 points from its last closing figure about five minutes into trading.
The 30-scrip index which opened higher at 14,854.17 points, was at 14,984.45 - 239.53 points or 1.62 percent higher than Friday`s closing figure.
Around the same time, the S&P CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) too was ruling in the green at 4,440.9 points, up 1.51 percent.
Broader market indices were also in the positive terrain, with the BSE midcap index trading 1.33 percent higher and the BSE smallcap index moving up 1.3 percent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi