Sensex moves up 239 points in early trade
Mumbai: The BSE benchmark index Sensex opened stronger on Monday, moving up 239 points from its last closing figure about five minutes into trading.
The 30-scrip index which opened higher at 14,854.17 points, was at 14,984.45 - 239.53 points or 1.62 percent higher than Friday`s closing figure.
Around the same time, the S&P CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) too was ruling in the green at 4,440.9 points, up 1.51 percent.
Broader market indices were also in the positive terrain, with the BSE midcap index trading 1.33 percent higher and the BSE smallcap index moving up 1.3 percent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials