Sensex moves up 239 points in early trade
Mumbai: The BSE benchmark index Sensex opened stronger on Monday, moving up 239 points from its last closing figure about five minutes into trading.
The 30-scrip index which opened higher at 14,854.17 points, was at 14,984.45 - 239.53 points or 1.62 percent higher than Friday`s closing figure.
Around the same time, the S&P CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) too was ruling in the green at 4,440.9 points, up 1.51 percent.
Broader market indices were also in the positive terrain, with the BSE midcap index trading 1.33 percent higher and the BSE smallcap index moving up 1.3 percent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clinton attacks Trump's outreach to black voters in new ad
- Colombia ceasefire will not stop government fighting crime: Official
- Amazon dabbling with 30-hour work weeks: Report
- Enrique's fan hid in dressing room for 12 hours
- Scorpene submarine data leak: 'Whistleblower' to hand over disk to 'government'