Sensex moves up 239 points in early trade
Mumbai: The BSE benchmark index Sensex opened stronger on Monday, moving up 239 points from its last closing figure about five minutes into trading.
The 30-scrip index which opened higher at 14,854.17 points, was at 14,984.45 - 239.53 points or 1.62 percent higher than Friday`s closing figure.
Around the same time, the S&P CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) too was ruling in the green at 4,440.9 points, up 1.51 percent.
Broader market indices were also in the positive terrain, with the BSE midcap index trading 1.33 percent higher and the BSE smallcap index moving up 1.3 percent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand