Sensex moves up 239 points in early trade
Mumbai: The BSE benchmark index Sensex opened stronger on Monday, moving up 239 points from its last closing figure about five minutes into trading.
The 30-scrip index which opened higher at 14,854.17 points, was at 14,984.45 - 239.53 points or 1.62 percent higher than Friday`s closing figure.
Around the same time, the S&P CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) too was ruling in the green at 4,440.9 points, up 1.51 percent.
Broader market indices were also in the positive terrain, with the BSE midcap index trading 1.33 percent higher and the BSE smallcap index moving up 1.3 percent.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'