Sensex rises 120 pts in opening trade on Infosys results
Mumbai: The Bombay Stock Exchange benchmark index Sensex on Friday added nearly 120 points in opening trade, extending yesterday`s gains after IT bellwether Infosys announced better-than-expected quarterly results.
Firming trends on other Asian markets and overnight gains in US stocks also buoyed the trading sentiments here.
The 30-share BSE Sensex was up by 119.54 points to 16,963.08 points in opening trade with IT, teck, realty and sector stocks rising. The barometer gained 36.88 points in yesterday`s volatile session.
The wide-based National Stock Exchange index Nifty was also up by 30.35 points at 5,032.60 points.
Brokers said sentiments turned better after the country`s second second-largest software firm Infosys Technologies reported 7.54 percent rise in consolidated net profit after tax at Rs 1,540 crore for the quarter ended September 30, 2009.
Stocks of Infosys Technologies shot up by Rs 82.40, or almost 4 percent to Rs 2,293.65 at BSE.
Other gainers were Tata Consultancy Services by 2.08 percent to Rs 584.95, Wipro by 0.99 percent to Rs 570.70, Bharti Airtel by 3.15 percent to Rs 345.20, Rcom by 3.02 percent to Rs 253.75 and Tata Steel by 1.07 percent to Rs 540.80.
The China`s Shanghai index rose 3.84 percent, Japan`s Nikkei gained 1.36 percent, while Hong Kong`s Hang Seng was up 0.30 percent in the morning trade today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?