Shah Rukh Khan apologises for KKR`s IPL exit
New Delhi: Sourav Ganguly led Kolkata Knight Riders were knocked out from the race to semifinals of the Indian Premier League for the third consecutive year. However, this time, team owner Shah Rukh Khan has stepped-up to face the flak and has taken all blame for the debacle.
KKR were beaten by MS Dhoni’s Chennai Super Kings in race for the semifinals by 9 wickets. Shah Rukh swiftly apologised to the team`s fans and was feeling guilty for his side’s poor performance yet again.
The apology is in stark contrast to last year’s scenario where he had left the tournament in South Africa mid-way after KKR were sure to languish at the bottom. Despite the change in attitude, the film star is cautious in making big statements, thereby not giving a guarantee that his side will turn the tables in the next edition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official
- PM Narendra Modi condemns attack on Kabul`s American University
- Italy earthquake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors