Shooting incident will have no impact on Games: CWG OC
New Delhi: The Commonwealth Games Organising Committee on Sunday said the shooting incident here this morning will not have any impact on the Games next month and assured that India would provide foolproof security to the visiting athletes and officials.
“The shooting incident this morning in Delhi will have no impact on the Commonwealth Games 2010 Delhi,” the Organising Committee said in a statement.
Two Taiwanese nationals were injured when two men on a motorcycle fired several rounds on a tourist vehicle near the historic Jama Masjid in the walled city.
CWG OC spokesman Lalit Bhanot said the country’s security establishment has made elaborate arrangement to ensure a safe Games for all the participants and officials.
“The Ministry of Home Affairs and Delhi Police have made elaborate arrangements to provide the Commonwealth Games athletes and officials a safe and secure environment,” Bhanot said in the statement.
“The Commonwealth Games Associations of the nations and territories have been satisfied with the plans and preparations made by Delhi Police and the International Security Liaison Group, formed by the Ministry of Home Affairs,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing