Six Revenue Department officials suspended
Puducherry: Six Revenue Department officials have been suspended for allegedly issuing false income certificates to government servants to get financial assistance under the Perunthalaivar Kamarajar Housing subsidy scheme.
A source in the Collectorate here said on Friday that the six staff who included two women officials had issued false certificates enabling some government servants to get housing subsidy under the scheme operated by the Slum Clearance Board to convert huts into concrete houses.
The scheme is meant for poorer sections to get the assistance from the government.
A vigilance probe was conducted and following a prima facie case District Collector S B Deepak Kumar issued orders yesterday suspending the officials two Village Administrative officers and four Revenue Inspectors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez