Six Revenue Department officials suspended
Puducherry: Six Revenue Department officials have been suspended for allegedly issuing false income certificates to government servants to get financial assistance under the Perunthalaivar Kamarajar Housing subsidy scheme.
A source in the Collectorate here said on Friday that the six staff who included two women officials had issued false certificates enabling some government servants to get housing subsidy under the scheme operated by the Slum Clearance Board to convert huts into concrete houses.
The scheme is meant for poorer sections to get the assistance from the government.
A vigilance probe was conducted and following a prima facie case District Collector S B Deepak Kumar issued orders yesterday suspending the officials two Village Administrative officers and four Revenue Inspectors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!