Six Revenue Department officials suspended
Puducherry: Six Revenue Department officials have been suspended for allegedly issuing false income certificates to government servants to get financial assistance under the Perunthalaivar Kamarajar Housing subsidy scheme.
A source in the Collectorate here said on Friday that the six staff who included two women officials had issued false certificates enabling some government servants to get housing subsidy under the scheme operated by the Slum Clearance Board to convert huts into concrete houses.
The scheme is meant for poorer sections to get the assistance from the government.
A vigilance probe was conducted and following a prima facie case District Collector S B Deepak Kumar issued orders yesterday suspending the officials two Village Administrative officers and four Revenue Inspectors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video