Six Revenue Department officials suspended
Puducherry: Six Revenue Department officials have been suspended for allegedly issuing false income certificates to government servants to get financial assistance under the Perunthalaivar Kamarajar Housing subsidy scheme.
A source in the Collectorate here said on Friday that the six staff who included two women officials had issued false certificates enabling some government servants to get housing subsidy under the scheme operated by the Slum Clearance Board to convert huts into concrete houses.
The scheme is meant for poorer sections to get the assistance from the government.
A vigilance probe was conducted and following a prima facie case District Collector S B Deepak Kumar issued orders yesterday suspending the officials two Village Administrative officers and four Revenue Inspectors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read