Slain Salaskar`s widow inaugurates a forum for youth
Mumbai: A year after senior Maharashtra Police inspector, Vijay Salaskar was gunned down during the 26/11 terror attacks, his widow Smita Salaskar inaugurated a voluntary forum for youth here on Wednesday.
Named, the United Force of India, this non-governmental organisation (NGO) is dedicated to the youth and to arouse nationalism among them as well as to fight justice.
During the inauguration, Smita Salaskar said that such committed NGOs would help the youngsters to understand the country`s problems and put it in the proper perspective.
"United Force of India established so that the youth would necessarily understand the problems of India as a whole and this will lead to integrity of the nation," she added.
The 2008 attacks were more than ten coordinated shooting and bombing attacks across Mumbai.
Eight of the attacks occurred in South Mumbai at Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, the Oberoi Trident, the Taj Mahal Palace and Tower, Leopold Cafe, Cama Hospital, the Orthodox Jewish-owned Nariman House, the Metro Cinema, and a lane behind the Times of India building and St. Xavier`s College. There was also an explosion at Mazagaon, in Mumbai`s port area, and in a taxi at Vile Parle.
Several people were held hostage for the next three days and at least 166 people were killed before commandoes smoked out the last of the terrorists on November 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- Indian Premier League 9, Match 55: Kolkata Knight Riders vs Sunrisers Hyderabad - As it happened...
- IPL 2016, Match 56: DD vs RCB - Squads, date, time, venue, TV listing, live streaming
- Vin Diesel turns on nostalgic mode; writes heart-touching tribute to Paul Walker while filming 'Fast 8'
- Did you upgrade your WhatsApp to WhatsApp Gold?
- Ayushmann Khurrana's new Hitler/Chaplin look is worth a watch! View inside