Somdev Devvarman back to career-best 70
New Delhi: Indian tennis ace Somdev Devvarman gained a place to be back to career-best singles ranking of 70 while Sania Mirza slipped a rung to 77 in the latest charts released on Monday.
Somdev`s quarterfinal appearance in the Serbia Open in Belgrade last week helped him improve his standing in the ATP singles chart.
The Commonwealth and Asian Games gold medallist Somdev had upstaged world number 26 Guillermo Garcia-Lopez in the second round in Belgrade.
Somdev had broken into top-100 early this year.
Sania slipped a place in the WTA singles charts though her position in doubles rankings remained unchanged on 29.
Meanwhile in the men`s doubles rankings, Mahesh Bhupathi (5) and Leander Paes (7) were static in the ATP charts.
Indian Davis Cupper and doubles specialist Rohan Bopanna dropped two places to be at 14 with 3960 points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch