Somdev Devvarman back to career-best 70
New Delhi: Indian tennis ace Somdev Devvarman gained a place to be back to career-best singles ranking of 70 while Sania Mirza slipped a rung to 77 in the latest charts released on Monday.
Somdev`s quarterfinal appearance in the Serbia Open in Belgrade last week helped him improve his standing in the ATP singles chart.
The Commonwealth and Asian Games gold medallist Somdev had upstaged world number 26 Guillermo Garcia-Lopez in the second round in Belgrade.
Somdev had broken into top-100 early this year.
Sania slipped a place in the WTA singles charts though her position in doubles rankings remained unchanged on 29.
Meanwhile in the men`s doubles rankings, Mahesh Bhupathi (5) and Leander Paes (7) were static in the ATP charts.
Indian Davis Cupper and doubles specialist Rohan Bopanna dropped two places to be at 14 with 3960 points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder