Sonia, Ajit woo voters in western UP
Aligarh: Wooing voters in the city of
locks, UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi on Sunday trained her guns on
non-Congress parties alleging their successive governments in
Uttar Pradesh in the past two decades had failed to develop
Addressing an election rally with RLD chief Ajit Singh
here, she alleged the famous lock industry of Aligarh had
suffered a lot in the past two decades.
This all happened due to failure of the successive
non-Congress governments to develop infrastructural facilities
like roads and power in the state, the Congress president
In the event of coming to power in the state, the main
focus of the Congress-RLD combine was to give a fillip to
development projects in the state, she said.
"The message which the city sends reaches different
corners of the world. You all should support the Congress-RLD
alliance," Gandhi said
"There are some parties which claim to rake up issues
concerning the nation but are focused on spreading ill-will
among different sections and are responsible for weakening the
nation," she said.
Soliciting Muslim votes, Gandhi said the basic idea
behind setting up of the Sachar Committee was to understand
how the community could be helped.
She said the Congress was determined to implement the
recommendations of the Sachar Committee which when into the
social, economic and educational status of Muslims.
Addressing the rally, Ajit Singh attacked Chief Minister
Mayawati saying her sacking of tainted ministers on charges of
graft was an attempt to befool the people.
"For more than four-and-a-half years, Mayawati has
failed to take cognisance of her corrupt team and now she is
trying to befool the people by removing them at the
11th-hour," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi