Spain suffer Iniesta injury scare in warm up match
Durban: Midfielder Andres Iniesta asked to be substituted with a thigh muscle problem during Spain`s World Cup warm-up match against Poland on Tuesday.
The Barcelona playmaker, who has suffered from a string of thigh muscle injuries over the last year, had been in sparkling form and helped set up the opening two goals for the European champions.
He walked over to the bench and asked for the change, and when Pedro came on to replace him in the 39th minute he did not look to be concerned as he took his place on the bench.
The Sporting director of the Spanish football federation, Fernando Hierro, said in a halftime television interview: "It was as a precaution more than anything else."
"He has a slight strain. He`s fine, it isn`t a problem."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 26-year-old woman gives birth to rare conjoined twins in Mumbai hospital
- UPSC topper Tina Dabi's advice to girl students - Read
- Omar Abdullah rubbishes Mehbooba Mufti's claim, says ''she was aware of security encounter with Wani''
- Mainpuri Dalit couple murder: Akhilesh govt assures speedy justice to victim's kin
- Church attacker threatened France in new video