Spain suffer Iniesta injury scare in warm up match
Durban: Midfielder Andres Iniesta asked to be substituted with a thigh muscle problem during Spain`s World Cup warm-up match against Poland on Tuesday.
The Barcelona playmaker, who has suffered from a string of thigh muscle injuries over the last year, had been in sparkling form and helped set up the opening two goals for the European champions.
He walked over to the bench and asked for the change, and when Pedro came on to replace him in the 39th minute he did not look to be concerned as he took his place on the bench.
The Sporting director of the Spanish football federation, Fernando Hierro, said in a halftime television interview: "It was as a precaution more than anything else."
"He has a slight strain. He`s fine, it isn`t a problem."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference