Steps being taken to secure release of Karaikal fishermen: Puducherry CM
Puducherry: Puducherry Chief Minister V
Vaithilingam on Tuesday said steps were being taken to secure the
release of four fishermen from Karaikal, who are in custody of
the Sri Lankan Navy since December 4.
Talking to reporters here, he said the government was
already in touch with the Indian High commission in Sri Lanka
through the Central Government.
Earlier, AIADMK Puducherry Unit Secretary A Anbalagan,
MLA, demanded immediate steps to secure the release of the
fishermen, who were detained after their vessel drifted into
Sri Lankan waters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video