Steps being taken to secure release of Karaikal fishermen: Puducherry CM
Puducherry: Puducherry Chief Minister V
Vaithilingam on Tuesday said steps were being taken to secure the
release of four fishermen from Karaikal, who are in custody of
the Sri Lankan Navy since December 4.
Talking to reporters here, he said the government was
already in touch with the Indian High commission in Sri Lanka
through the Central Government.
Earlier, AIADMK Puducherry Unit Secretary A Anbalagan,
MLA, demanded immediate steps to secure the release of the
fishermen, who were detained after their vessel drifted into
Sri Lankan waters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune