Stones pelted at Salman Khurshid`s wife
Farukkhabad: Some youths on Sunday allegedly
pelted stones at Louise Khurshid, Congress nominee and wife of
Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid, following a dispute over
entry of voters at a polling booth.
The incident occurred around 5 PM after some local
residents were turned away by the presiding officer at booth
number 190 and 191 at Bibipur saying the time for voting was
over, police said.
The Congress nominee reached the spot and raised
objections with the presiding officer after which waiting
voters were allowed inside the polling station.
Meanwhile, some youths present there got agitated and
shouted slogans. They later climbed the roof of house to pelt
stones at Khurshid.
Security personnel then chased away the trouble makers. No
one was injured in stone pelting, they said.
Khurshid later alleged that she was attacked at the behest
of BJP and said she would lodge an FIR in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah