Stones pelted at Salman Khurshid`s wife
Farukkhabad: Some youths on Sunday allegedly
pelted stones at Louise Khurshid, Congress nominee and wife of
Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid, following a dispute over
entry of voters at a polling booth.
The incident occurred around 5 PM after some local
residents were turned away by the presiding officer at booth
number 190 and 191 at Bibipur saying the time for voting was
over, police said.
The Congress nominee reached the spot and raised
objections with the presiding officer after which waiting
voters were allowed inside the polling station.
Meanwhile, some youths present there got agitated and
shouted slogans. They later climbed the roof of house to pelt
stones at Khurshid.
Security personnel then chased away the trouble makers. No
one was injured in stone pelting, they said.
Khurshid later alleged that she was attacked at the behest
of BJP and said she would lodge an FIR in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket