Stones pelted at Salman Khurshid`s wife
Farukkhabad: Some youths on Sunday allegedly
pelted stones at Louise Khurshid, Congress nominee and wife of
Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid, following a dispute over
entry of voters at a polling booth.
The incident occurred around 5 PM after some local
residents were turned away by the presiding officer at booth
number 190 and 191 at Bibipur saying the time for voting was
over, police said.
The Congress nominee reached the spot and raised
objections with the presiding officer after which waiting
voters were allowed inside the polling station.
Meanwhile, some youths present there got agitated and
shouted slogans. They later climbed the roof of house to pelt
stones at Khurshid.
Security personnel then chased away the trouble makers. No
one was injured in stone pelting, they said.
Khurshid later alleged that she was attacked at the behest
of BJP and said she would lodge an FIR in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok