Sweden beat France 2-1 for World Cup third place
Sinsheim (Germany): Sweden finished third at the women`s World Cup on Saturday after beating France 2-1 although the Scandinavians finished with 10 players.
Sweden striker Lotta Schelin put her side ahead in the first half before French replacement Elodie Thomis equalised on 56 minutes.
Swedish striker Josefine Oqvist was then sent off on 68 minutes but substitute Marie Hammarstrom won the game -- and the bronze medal for her country -- with a superb strike in the 82nd minute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa