Sweden beat France 2-1 for World Cup third place
Sinsheim (Germany): Sweden finished third at the women`s World Cup on Saturday after beating France 2-1 although the Scandinavians finished with 10 players.
Sweden striker Lotta Schelin put her side ahead in the first half before French replacement Elodie Thomis equalised on 56 minutes.
Swedish striker Josefine Oqvist was then sent off on 68 minutes but substitute Marie Hammarstrom won the game -- and the bronze medal for her country -- with a superb strike in the 82nd minute.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living