Tata Steel Q2 net dips 49% to Rs 903 cr
Mumbai: Tata Steel on Tuesday reported a 49.49
per cent decline in net profit at Rs 902.94 crore for the
second quarter ended September 30, 2009.
The steel major had a net profit of Rs 1,787.81 crore in
the second quarter of FY`09, Tata Steel said in a filing to
the Bombay Stock Exchange.
Total income also declined by 18.23 per cent to Rs
5,768.16 crore during the period, from Rs 7,054.33 crore in
the corresponding period a year-ago.
The company would announce its consolidated figures,
which would include Tata Steel Europe (Corus), for the second
quarter and the six months ended September 30 by end of
November 2009, it added.
Shares of Tata Steel were trading down 6.09 per cent over
previous close at Rs 507.65 on BSE.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi