Tata Steel Q2 net dips 49% to Rs 903 cr
Mumbai: Tata Steel on Tuesday reported a 49.49
per cent decline in net profit at Rs 902.94 crore for the
second quarter ended September 30, 2009.
The steel major had a net profit of Rs 1,787.81 crore in
the second quarter of FY`09, Tata Steel said in a filing to
the Bombay Stock Exchange.
Total income also declined by 18.23 per cent to Rs
5,768.16 crore during the period, from Rs 7,054.33 crore in
the corresponding period a year-ago.
The company would announce its consolidated figures,
which would include Tata Steel Europe (Corus), for the second
quarter and the six months ended September 30 by end of
November 2009, it added.
Shares of Tata Steel were trading down 6.09 per cent over
previous close at Rs 507.65 on BSE.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test