Tata Steel Q2 net dips 49% to Rs 903 cr
Mumbai: Tata Steel on Tuesday reported a 49.49
per cent decline in net profit at Rs 902.94 crore for the
second quarter ended September 30, 2009.
The steel major had a net profit of Rs 1,787.81 crore in
the second quarter of FY`09, Tata Steel said in a filing to
the Bombay Stock Exchange.
Total income also declined by 18.23 per cent to Rs
5,768.16 crore during the period, from Rs 7,054.33 crore in
the corresponding period a year-ago.
The company would announce its consolidated figures,
which would include Tata Steel Europe (Corus), for the second
quarter and the six months ended September 30 by end of
November 2009, it added.
Shares of Tata Steel were trading down 6.09 per cent over
previous close at Rs 507.65 on BSE.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?