Tata Steel to start work at Orissa plant in Dec
Bhubaneshwar: Tata Steel will start constructing a 6-million-tonne steel plant in Orissa from next month, its Managing Director H.M. Nerurkar said on Saturday.
"Eighty percent of the people have already been evacuated from the site and we hope to start the construction by December 2009," he told reporters on the sidelines of a seminar.
He also said the firm, the world`s sixth-biggest steelmaker, will conclude expansion of its Jamshedpur plant by June-August 2011.
Tata Steel, which operates a quarter of its 30 million tonnes annual capacity in India, is already working on raising domestic capacity to 10 million tonnes from 6.8 million.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US
- One billion iPhones have been sold: Apple CEO Tim Cook
- US prosecutors drop all charges in Freddie Gray death