Tata Steel to start work at Orissa plant in Dec
Bhubaneshwar: Tata Steel will start constructing a 6-million-tonne steel plant in Orissa from next month, its Managing Director H.M. Nerurkar said on Saturday.
"Eighty percent of the people have already been evacuated from the site and we hope to start the construction by December 2009," he told reporters on the sidelines of a seminar.
He also said the firm, the world`s sixth-biggest steelmaker, will conclude expansion of its Jamshedpur plant by June-August 2011.
Tata Steel, which operates a quarter of its 30 million tonnes annual capacity in India, is already working on raising domestic capacity to 10 million tonnes from 6.8 million.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'