TDP MLA accused of harassment hospitalised
Rajahmundhry (AP): TDP legislator T V Rama
Rao, arrested on charges of harassing girl students of a
nursing institute being run by him in West Godavari district,
was on Thursday hospitalised after he complained of chest pain.
Rao, lodged in a prison here in East Godavari district,
was shifted to the Kakinada General hospital on doctor`s
advice as he complained of uneasiness and chest pain, a senior
Jail official said.
The MLA was brought to the Rajahmundhry Central Jail on
July 21 after he was discharge from Guntur general hospital,
where he underwent ECG and cardiogram tests.
The legislator has been remanded to judicial custody till
August 3 by a magistrate court at Eluru in connection with the
He has been booked under relevant sections of IPC after
allegations that he made attempts to outrage the modesty of
some nursing students in the institute.
Rao was arrested from his residence at Kovvur in West
Godavari district by a team of CB-CID personnel, probing the
July 20 case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report