TDP MLA accused of harassment hospitalised
Rajahmundhry (AP): TDP legislator T V Rama
Rao, arrested on charges of harassing girl students of a
nursing institute being run by him in West Godavari district,
was on Thursday hospitalised after he complained of chest pain.
Rao, lodged in a prison here in East Godavari district,
was shifted to the Kakinada General hospital on doctor`s
advice as he complained of uneasiness and chest pain, a senior
Jail official said.
The MLA was brought to the Rajahmundhry Central Jail on
July 21 after he was discharge from Guntur general hospital,
where he underwent ECG and cardiogram tests.
The legislator has been remanded to judicial custody till
August 3 by a magistrate court at Eluru in connection with the
He has been booked under relevant sections of IPC after
allegations that he made attempts to outrage the modesty of
some nursing students in the institute.
Rao was arrested from his residence at Kovvur in West
Godavari district by a team of CB-CID personnel, probing the
July 20 case.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Telangana SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- West Bengal Assembly Elections: Polling begins in crucial fifth phase, 680 central forces companies deployed
- Severe heat wave condition in West Bengal
- Kerela HSE (Class 12) Result 2016 is likely to be declared by second week of May
- No instances of incursions by Chinese troops into Indian territory: Manohar Parrikar