TDP MLA accused of harassment hospitalised
Rajahmundhry (AP): TDP legislator T V Rama
Rao, arrested on charges of harassing girl students of a
nursing institute being run by him in West Godavari district,
was on Thursday hospitalised after he complained of chest pain.
Rao, lodged in a prison here in East Godavari district,
was shifted to the Kakinada General hospital on doctor`s
advice as he complained of uneasiness and chest pain, a senior
Jail official said.
The MLA was brought to the Rajahmundhry Central Jail on
July 21 after he was discharge from Guntur general hospital,
where he underwent ECG and cardiogram tests.
The legislator has been remanded to judicial custody till
August 3 by a magistrate court at Eluru in connection with the
He has been booked under relevant sections of IPC after
allegations that he made attempts to outrage the modesty of
some nursing students in the institute.
Rao was arrested from his residence at Kovvur in West
Godavari district by a team of CB-CID personnel, probing the
July 20 case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back
- EU justice ministers vow to tackle growing radicalisation in Europe