TDP MLA accused of harassment hospitalised
Rajahmundhry (AP): TDP legislator T V Rama
Rao, arrested on charges of harassing girl students of a
nursing institute being run by him in West Godavari district,
was on Thursday hospitalised after he complained of chest pain.
Rao, lodged in a prison here in East Godavari district,
was shifted to the Kakinada General hospital on doctor`s
advice as he complained of uneasiness and chest pain, a senior
Jail official said.
The MLA was brought to the Rajahmundhry Central Jail on
July 21 after he was discharge from Guntur general hospital,
where he underwent ECG and cardiogram tests.
The legislator has been remanded to judicial custody till
August 3 by a magistrate court at Eluru in connection with the
He has been booked under relevant sections of IPC after
allegations that he made attempts to outrage the modesty of
some nursing students in the institute.
Rao was arrested from his residence at Kovvur in West
Godavari district by a team of CB-CID personnel, probing the
July 20 case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra