Teacher `removes` upper clothes of girl students in MP
Vidisha (MP): In a shocking incident, a teacher allegedly removed upper clothes of eight Adivasi girl students of fifth standard of a government school near Tyonda here on the pretext of taking measurements for their uniforms.
The shameful act of the teacher has now forced the eight
girls of Ganjbasoda`s Nurpur Education Guarantee Scheme School
to discontinue their studies.
The incident that took place on July 24 about five km
from Tyonda came to light when the girls complained to their
parents about it, District Education Officer Manish Verma told
agency here today.
He said the parents in a complaint alleged that the
Guruji (teacher), Sanjeev Sharma, had allegedly removed the
upper clothes of eight Adivasi girl students on the pretext of
taking measurements for their uniforms in a closed classroom
after calling two students at a time.
Once he made them to remove their upper clothes, he took
the measurement with his fingers, instead of an inch-tape,
Verma said. The students also alleged that the teacher had
misbehaved with them when they were half-naked in the closed
classroom, the DEO said.
The angry villagers went to the school but by then,
Sharma had left after locking the premises following which
they complained about the matter to the DEO.
Later, the DEO constituted a four-member committee, led
by Tehsildar Kiran Badbade, which after conducting a probe
found Sharma prima facie guilty on the matter.
Taking action on the probe report, the DEO dismissed
Sharma from service yesterday with immediate effect.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble