Telangana unrest may impact fund flows: Assocham
Hyderabad: Industry body Assocham on Saturday said
the Telangana unrest will be detrimental for the growth of the
state and may impact the flow of investments, but did not give
any precise figure.
The Assocham in a release said the ongoing agitation in
the state will impact the growth of IT/ITeS, manufacturing
& real estate, besides affecting investments from corporate
The industry body called for a need to maintain an
environment favourable for growth to minimise losses to
industry. Already, the phrama firms in the state have said
they have lost nearly Rs 400 crore in the last ten days of the
Andhra Pradesh, for the the first time last year, emerged
as the favourite among local and global investors after
According to Assocham study, last year, of the Rs
88,71,867 crore investment proposals--both government and
private--announced for the country, Andhra`s share was 8.7 per
cent at Rs 7,05,000 crores.
As on March this year, the private sector investments
announced for the state is Rs 4,25,656 crore in which the
domestic private sector share stood at Rs 3,80,461 crore for
971 projects, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400