Text messages can be used as evidence for divorce
London: In a new legal development in France, SMS text messages revealing adultery can be used as evidence for divorce.
The Supreme Court of the country has ruled the decision claiming that it will make the divorce procedure smoother.
The step out rules a 2007 declaration by a lower court that using phone exchanges in court was a breach of privacy, reports the Telegraph.
To date, the time taken for legal separation of couples is generally long in France.
People had to wait for years to get out of a marriage if they could not prove that their partner was misbehaving or mistreating them.
Also, the law says that if the spouses fail to agree to separate by mutual consent, those seeking a divorce have to prove that the spouse is cheating or abusing or mistreating him or her.
And in case the judge is not convinced, a divorce will be pronounced only after two years of living separately.
In fact until 2004, French law required couples to wait six years for decision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!