Tharoor under attack from MP CM
Bhopal: After the rebuke from his party,
Shashi Tharoor today came under attack from BJP leader and
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chauhan, who said
he has no no right to continue in the Union Council of
Ministers after his "insulting" remarks about economy class
"I believe that in a democracy, people are God. To
refer to them as `cattle` is an insult to them. And I believe
that such a person has no no right to be a Union minister," he
Chauhan said Tharoor, Union Minister of State for
External Affairs, perhaps did not not know India very well.
"And if he says that to sit in economy class is like
being cattle, then Shashi Tharoorji, those people who travel
economy class are very big people," he said.
Tharoor, a former UN diplomat and a new comer to
politics, yesterday received a sharp rebuke from his own party
Congress which said his remarks "cattle class" in the context
of economy class travel forced by government`s austerity
measures were "unacceptable and insensitive".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!