Tharoor under attack from MP CM
Bhopal: After the rebuke from his party,
Shashi Tharoor today came under attack from BJP leader and
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chauhan, who said
he has no no right to continue in the Union Council of
Ministers after his "insulting" remarks about economy class
"I believe that in a democracy, people are God. To
refer to them as `cattle` is an insult to them. And I believe
that such a person has no no right to be a Union minister," he
Chauhan said Tharoor, Union Minister of State for
External Affairs, perhaps did not not know India very well.
"And if he says that to sit in economy class is like
being cattle, then Shashi Tharoorji, those people who travel
economy class are very big people," he said.
Tharoor, a former UN diplomat and a new comer to
politics, yesterday received a sharp rebuke from his own party
Congress which said his remarks "cattle class" in the context
of economy class travel forced by government`s austerity
measures were "unacceptable and insensitive".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her