Tight security at Pondy court
Puducherry: Tight security is being maintained at the local court, in the wake of the blast outside the Delhi High Court with sniffer dogs also pressed into service, police said on Thursday.
Some advocates said, there should be permanent security arrangements at various points on the court premises. A senior advocate said, Closed Circuit TV cameras now installed at a few points should be enlarged and installed at many more points.
The lawyers said, visitors and litigants coming to the court should be subject to intensive checking through metal detectors. Identity cards should be issued to all advocates, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'