Torres has torn thigh muscle says Spanish federation
Madrid: Striker Fernando Torres has a small muscle tear in his left thigh, the Spanish football federation said on their website.
The Liverpool forward came on as a late substitute in the World Cup final victory against Netherlands in Johannesburg on Sunday, and pulled up in pain after chasing a ball near the end of extra time.
The federation did not say how long the player would be out for, and said they were sending the medical results to his club.
Torres returned from knee surgery just before the finals in South Africa but did not look sharp and failed to score throughout the tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal