Torres has torn thigh muscle says Spanish federation
Madrid: Striker Fernando Torres has a small muscle tear in his left thigh, the Spanish football federation said on their website.
The Liverpool forward came on as a late substitute in the World Cup final victory against Netherlands in Johannesburg on Sunday, and pulled up in pain after chasing a ball near the end of extra time.
The federation did not say how long the player would be out for, and said they were sending the medical results to his club.
Torres returned from knee surgery just before the finals in South Africa but did not look sharp and failed to score throughout the tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources